Who we are
As the Working and Learning Company, we at Staples Canada, are dynamic, inspiring partners to our customers and the communities in which we live. At Staples, we inspire people to work smarter, learn more and grow every day. We look for people who are curious, approachable, and passionate, and who enjoy finding solutions.
If that’s you, let’s work, learn, and grow together.
We are building an inclusive and diverse team
Staples Canada is creating an inclusive and diverse work environment. We welcome, value, and thrive on perspectives and contributions from backgrounds that vary by race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lifestyle, age, educational background, national origin, religion, or physical ability. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Some of what you do
As the Technology Sales Area Representative, you’re a champion of the customer experience on the retail floor. Passionate about technology, you continuously grow your knowledge by demonstrating curiosity by asking questions and committing to ongoing self-development. You help our customers achieve their working & learning goals by sharing your knowledge, experiences, and enthusiasm on the latest tech products, services, and trends. Each day will be fast paced, challenging, rewarding and meaningful.
Specifically, you will:
- Connect, share, and partner with customers to identify and convert sales opportunities; help customers by meeting and exceeding their needs.
- Maintain company merchandising standards, including current pricing, signage, planograms, promotional planners, advertising set-ups and displays.
- Provide coverage and assistance in all areas of the store as needed.
- Support asset protection procedures and privacy standards by securing company assets and physical inventory.
- Identify and communicate suggestions for improvements.
- Stay updated through the various internal communication channels (mobile app, intranet, bulletin boards, etc).
- Operational excellence and customer experience are important aspects of your role. You will operate cash registers, follow all loss prevention measures and ensure the cleanliness and store standards of your assigned departments.
- Ensure that a clean and safe environment is always top-of-mind, keeping the safety of yourself, fellow associates, and our customers as a key priority.
Some of what you need
- 3 months to 1 year of related experience
- Working towards or successful completion of high school is preferred
- Customer focus and service orientation
- Technology savvy
- Bias for action with effective planning and prioritization
- Capacity to work independently and seek out assistance as required
- Solutions Finder
Some of what you will get
- Associate discount
- Health and Dental benefits
- Learning & Development programs
- And more…
- A moderate amount of effort is required while stocking shelves and placing merchandise, however, there is flexibility in choosing when to stop and relax.
- Movement of freight by use of ladders and stock pickers is required.
- You will have to exercise a moderate level of concentration while restocking according to planograms however, there is flexibility in choosing when to stop and typically does not exceed more than two consecutive hours at a time.
- To maximize our customer experience, you will be required to expend a moderate amount of physical effort and operate equipment / machinery is required to execute our merchandising standards.
- We’ll also ask you to work a variety of shifts including evenings and weekends.
Staples is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with disabilities. We will accommodate applicants’ needs, upon request, throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Please inform us of the accommodation(s) that you may require. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
Staples Canada is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with disabilities.
Apply in person at the store