When Anita Roddick founded The Body Shop in 1976, she had a vision. Business as a force for good – that’s us. Over 40 years later, we’re proud to be pioneering cruelty-free beauty every step of the way. We’re the original ethical beauty brand. We’ve got a thing for empowering people and enriching our planet. We’re all about keeping it real, in every way possible. Our activist roots remain a huge part of everything we do, from our iconic window posters to our vegetarian products to our infamous campaigns. We’re never afraid to stand up and speak the truth. We like to do things a little differently around here. In 2019, we became a certified B Corp. That is a business that meets the highest verified standards of social and environmental performance transparency and accountability. B Corps don’t just care about profit – they care about people and the planet too.
We believe equality is a human right. All people should have an equal opportunity to pursue their dreams and aspirations, regardless of beliefs, characteristics, and circumstances. Everybody has the right to live their life free from violence and discrimination. We want The Body Shop to be a great place to work and shop, whoever you are. We endeavor to be diverse and inclusive throughout our business. We celebrate the diversity of individual self-expression. We are unapologetically excited about life and the world and want everyone to experience all it has to offer. As such, we are passionate protagonists and advocates of social equality, equal rights, and equal opportunities, for each and every one, everywhere! Visit The Body Shop website to learn more.
The Body Shop exists to fight for a fairer, more beautiful world. This is our purpose, and it drives everything we do. Our beliefs are everything to us: that business is a force for good, the empowerment of women and girls and the belief that everyone is beautiful.
Your role in a nutshell
As an aspirational leader, with enthusiasm for our brand and a strong connection to our purpose, you’ll support the Store Management team in driving the store & your team mates to deliver retail excellence, strong sales results & an engaging customer experience.
More about the role
- Handle customer concerns efficiently & effectively, sharing feedback with Store Management team as needed
- Problem solves effectively & proactively as much as possible using available resources
- Creatively support upkeep of store lay-out & visual merchandising, inventory management & other store operations as needed.
- Communicate effectively & act as a flexible & responsible role model to your team
- Interest in & passion for learning about & leveraging knowledge of the beauty market, our competitors & our products.
- Working with the Store Management team to:
o Shape a customer focused store experience by coaching Customer Consultants to drive customer engagement through our products, campaigns & activism, bringing our brand to life
o Ensure development of customer loyalty to further build The Body Shop brand
o Meet sales & performance targets
o Identify & attract high potential candidates & develop current team members to succeed in their goals, support training & onboarding of new Customer Consultants
What we look for
- Experience in a customer facing role and a genuine passion for beauty & the retail industry
- Ability to communicate & listen effectively & demonstrate operational skills
- Strong interpersonal skills to build rapport with customers & provide appropriate solutions to customer needs
- A positive mindset with the willingness to continuously develop yourself
- Ability to multitask, manage time & work flexible hours
- Ability to work independently with minimal direction
What we offer
- Comprehensive onboarding in your new position
- Training hours for you & your team as needed
- A 50% staff discount on regular product & 30% on Gifts
- Freebies – when we launch new products, we want our Teams to be the first to fall in love with them
- Paid volunteer days – so you can spend time with the causes that matter to you
- Ability to make connections with Community Partners to drive local activism
- (UN) Uniform- We don’t believe in uniformity. We’ll give you one of our famous Green Aprons and the rest is up to you, wear what makes you feel good
- Ability to offer a real living wage to your Customer Consultants
- Opportunities to grow within the Brand
- Encouragement & support to be exactly who you are – employees may join any/all our Inclusion & Belonging Networks at The Body Shop, including TBS Together Pride, SEEN Ethnicity, GO Far Gender & This Ability Disability Network
We believe in a world where all people are seen, valued, supported, represented at every level, & can be their truest selves and in building a spirit of equality, diversity, and inclusivity for all. The Body Shop Limited is an equal opportunity employer. Should you require accommodation during the interview process, please advise the recruiter when contacted for an interview.